A highly successful Sheffield-based group of companies is searching for an ambitious and creative Content Writer/Head of Content to add to our growing marketing team.
Our group is made up of businesses that span security, metal fabrication and automotive aftercare. Future acquisitions and investments are also moving us further into the online space with exciting opportunities coming.
We create opportunities through entrepreneurship, empowerment, and excellence. We enable our people to be brave enough to help solve the problems to challenge change in industry. With over 200 employees internationally, we’re ready to welcome you.
We’re looking for a passionate Content Writer/Head of Content who wants to learn more about the online space and become a true all-rounder. Experience in a digital agency is preferable, but we recruit based on talent and work ethic.
- High-quality content writing – To be able to write content that is both creative and optimised for SEO purposes (If you don’t have experience in SEO content then training can be given)
- Volume – You must have a good typing speed and commit to improving that speed. As you settle into the role, we will expect a minimum of 5000 words per day.
- Outreach – We are looking for someone who is willing to build relationships with journalists, and find opportunities to get placements in news outlets and other websites
- Self-Management – To be able to manage the content for the group, defining opportunities and ensuring it is delivered on time
- Organised workflow – You will need to successfully schedule your own workflow for every month using our workflow management system
- Strategy Creation – To successfully develop content strategies, tone of voice, and competitor analysis research for each business in the group
- Reporting – To successfully report on the previous month’s content, explaining the reasoning behind it as well as the plan for the following month and how this will help toward their SEO strategies.
- Collaborative – To liaise with the Senior members of the marketing team to discuss strategies each month
- Grammar – You must have excellent spelling and grammar
- Creativity – You must be able to write creatively, making content a pleasure to read, regardless of the subject matter
- Self-development – It is crucial that you are prepared to commit to the improvement of your craft. Whilst training is given within working hours, it is also expected that you will continue to develop your skills within some of your own time
We are looking for a passionate, driven individual who is willing to continuously improve their own craft. We will need you to shift from SEO content to writing press releases via a smorgasbord of social content. The role is focused around supporting each business to achieve their objectives through all aspects of the marketing mix. This includes but is not limited to:
- Creation of SEO content
- Creation of social media content
- Creation of press releases
- Creation of white paper content
- Research specific topics and produce strategies showing the rationale behind your decisions
- Ability to use / learn how to use a number of different pieces of software including, ahrefs, Google Analytics, Frase, WordPress
- Previous experience within a content marketing role would be preferable
- Proven experience of completing projects that have made a positive impact on the business
- Experience in using content marketing to generate leads / opportunities for the sales team
- Competitive Salary, based on experience
- 60%+ Remote working
- On-site gym
- Free personal training sessions held on Mondays
- Forward thinking organization that invests in its staff to improve
- Generous pension and holiday allowances
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable, dependent on experience.